After posting this on Instagram last week, I had many requests for the recipe, and so, here I share this delicious Coyo Slaw creation. It would be also be beautiful with some beetroot added, roasted, or raw and marinated, depending in your preference.
Horseradish Yoghurt Slaw with Peas & Activated Walnuts
• 1/3 Large Green or Savoy Cabbage, shredded
• 1 Apple, of your choice, 1cm diced
• 2 Medium Zucchinis, ribboned
• 1/2 cup Peas, fresh or frozen & thawed
• 2 Spring Onions shoots, finely sliced
• 80g Activated Walnuts, very roughly broken, + 5 pieces for each plate as garnish
• 1 Dsp Fresh Horseradish, grated with a microplane
• 3-4 heaped Tbsp Co-Yo Coconut Milk Yoghurt
• 1 1/2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
• Zest & Juice of 1 Juicy Lemon
• 1 Tbsp EVOO
• 1 Tbsp Lemon Infused EVOO
• Salt & Pepper (‘Sul-a-pepsh’ as my dad would say)
• Garnish with Alfalfa, or other sprouts
• Optional: 1 tsp Onion Powder; & other vegetables like beetroot (maybe diced, roasted)
I use a food processor with Shredder attachment to shred the cabbage, this makes it quicker and easier. Alternatively if you have seriouly quick & accurate knife skills, finely shred by hand.
Use a peeler along half the length of the zucchinis at a time, to ribbon.
Throw everything into a large serving bowl in order of list, and toss well to combine.
Serve with Sprouts on top and Walnut pieces around edge of plate.
Salads are best served at room temperature to appreciate all the flavours, but this one is good the next day from the fridge too.
Eat slowly & in good company.
Affirmation for the Present: