These babies are lick-the-crumbs-off-the-bench-GOOD!
Spending a couple of weeks at home with family and always love playing with my mum’s dehydrater and thermomix (gadget queen). Created these last night and can’t recommend these moreish snacks enough.
Great for a crunchy salad topper too.
See the recipe below.
Cheezy Kale Chips
- 1 big bunch or 1 + 1/2 bunches curly kale, washed + stalks removed
- 1 + 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 1/2 medium sized ripe tomato
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 + 1/2 tbsp savoury yeast flakes (nutritional yeast)
- 1/3 cup good olive oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 3/4 tsp pink himalayan salt
- Optional: 1/4 tsp or more cayenne pepper
Tear the kale into big chunks into a very large or two large mixing bowls, set aside. Make the sauce by adding all remaining ingredients into a high speed blender or thermomix. Combine on high speed until completely smooth. Pour cheezy cashew sauce onto the kale, evenly distributing between bowls if it’s split. Massage into the kale by hand until all coated evenly. Lay leaves evenly onto three dehydrater mesh sheets. Put trays into dehydrater at 145F for 1.5 hours then 125F-130F for 10 hours. Once completely crispy, allow to cool for 5 mins and pack into a very airtight container to store. These are good for up to 3 months in an airtight container.